Sample Questions for Eagle Board of Review
1. What unit are you registered in?
2. How old are you?
3. With whom do you live?
4. What do you do to make your home a happy place to live?
5. Who do you feel is responsible for your being before us today?
6. Was the personal interview with your Scoutmaster of help to you?
7. What school do you attend?
8. What subjects interest you the most?
9. Do you participate in any school activities!
10. What do you do in your spare time outside of Scouting?
11. How do you earn your spending money?
12. What religious activities do you participate in?
13. Do you hold any offices in religious activities?
14. Are you working on the religious award of your faith?
15. What does "A Scout is Reverent" mean to you?
16. What do you consider is your greatest weakness?
17. What are you doing to overcome this weakness?
18. What do you consider your greatest strength?
19. Are you able to share this strength?
20. Are you able to analyze your own shortcomings?
21. What do you plan for your future after your schooling and Scouting days are over?
22. Suppose you had a very good friend on drugs and you just found out about it. What would you do to help him?
23. If you make Eagle, you will get your picture in the paper. How will you respond to the different types of remarks and comments you will receive?
24. What do you consider the purpose of the merit badge program?
25. What badge interested you the most and why?
26. Which badge was the hardest for you to earn and why?
27. Which badges were you least interested in?
28. What further responsibilities does the earning of 21 merit badges, especially the required badges, place upon you as a citizen?
29. Why do you wan~t to be an Eagle Scout?
30. Why did you become a Scout?
31. What do your friends say about you being a Boy Scout?
32. Not counting your troop camping trips, what is the best thing you have done as a Scout?
33. What does the Scout "Good Turn" mean to you?
34. Do you feel that becoming an Eagle Scout puts any obligation upon your future?
35. What is an Eagle Scout's duty to his country?
36. What place in society should an Eagle Scout assume after you are finished with school and are out of Scouting?
37. As an adult, what position should you, as an Eagle, assume in the community?
38. Have you been carrying any additional responsibilities in your troop since becoming a Life Scout?
39. What do you do personally to make your troop a better troop?
40. What do you do to help younger Scouts along the trail?
41. Have you noticed any weaknesses in any of the patrols in your troop?
42. Have you any suggestions that might help those patrols?
43. What do you think makes your troop operate so well?
44. If you could change the merit badge program, what would you do to make it better?
45. What do you do to help younger Scouts get started on the merit badges?
46. Do you intend to earn any Eagle Palms?
47. What do you think the purpose of the merit badge program is?
48. Have any of your merit badges sparked an interest that might lead you into a career in life?
49. How do you pass on the skills you have learned in the merit badge program to help the younger boy in the troop?
50. Do you feel that the personal growth agreement plan has helped you to be able to set goals, and then try to reach those goals?
51. What type of books-do you like to read? Can you give the name or title of the last book you have read?
52. How do you keep yourself "physically strong?" "Mentally alert?"
53. Do you think that you will be able to remember the obligation of a Scout "to help others at all times" as you grow into an adult? What will help you remember this fundamental?
54. Do you feel that becoming an Eagle will change you in any ~viay?
55. In the different Scouting leadership positions you have held, do you feel that you did your best at all times to make that job operate the best you could?
56. Do you think your teachers will expect more of you as an Eagle?
57. Did you have any difficulty planning a service project? How did you choose your project?
58. What help did you have to have in order to complete your project? Who?
59. Did your service project benefit any specific group? How?
60. Will the benefit last a long time or was it a temporary thing?
61. Do you have any suggestions for other Eagle candidates for service projects?